I’ve just set up an assignment in Github Classroom for the first time. I added a student and got them to set up the assignment repository, but this sits forever waiting for “Creating a Github repository …”. What might be going wrong here? (I have a template repository)
We did a bit more investigation into this issue. We found that:
- after adding another user as an owner, if they create an assignment, then that one can be set up as normal, unlike what I’m getting.
- if that user creates a new classroom, then if I create an assignment there, then that assignment can be set up as normal.
- when I create an assignment, I don’t get the option to choose a template repository or not, see the attached screenshot.
I’m having the same issue. When accepting the assignment, the progress bar (for creating the repo) slows to a crawl and never completes. Some more info:
- the source repo is a private template
- the students are not members of the organization
- only one student is currently affected
- the same student had no trouble with other assignments
- the student’s repo exists but they have not been added as an outside collaborator
I suspect the last point is the most relevant.
edit: I tried manually adding the student, and I got a red bar on top saying that the user was already
added invited. Upon refreshing the page, the user appears in the collaborator list with “Pending invite” status.