Been brainstorming ways to use classroom in place of my current method but find setting up of the organizations the trickiest decision. But first a few things I have learned from experience:
- Even though students sign up for their own individual accounts they do not get private repos easily leaving the best option to create shared repos within the organization itself, (which has unlimited private repos).
- Requesting a new exempt organization still takes a little planning because the turn around is a few days.
It seems there are a few options for organizational division of a school:
- One organization for the entire school
- One organization for every course in the school
- One organization for every class of every course in the school
The most practical currently seems to be #2. This way all the starter assignments seem to make sense and the organizational
<organization>.github.io page can be used to document that course with links to the individual assignments for that course.
When assignments are complete they can be kept around for proof of completion, or they can be forked by the student to keep for their own reference.
Any recommendations on how other institutions with hundreds of students and potentially thousands of individual assignments handle this?