Nicely done @markpatterson27 , glad you were able to force the merge conflict! We are working on clearing up those instructions.
Made changes on master branch and pushed to remote repository. (Not sure if you wanted it done on a branch.)
There were no problems, which makes me think I should had worked on different branches. instead of working on master.
I will repeat this assignment
I didn’t have any conflicts. First work on master branch then change to new one but still no conflicts.
Some live stuff here, integrating student data back in, with some tricky back and forth updates across separate forks.
Or just browse some of my repos on github.
It is preferred that changes are done on a separate branch, so that you can see the merge process taking place. That isn’t made clear in the instructions so thanks for bringing that up!
I did clone it locally, modify the file on the text editor, modify the same file from the GitHub editor, then add-commit-push, clean the conflicts and push it again.
There are that many commits because at first there weren’t conflicts at all, and I wanted some.