Here is my screenshot.
- I initially forgot to >cd demo
- I executed git status a bunch of time to try and understand what is going on.
- When I execute >git reset readme.md, it seems to me that the file is not removed from staging, but merely untracked. Am I wrong on this?
- Does the staging area exist on my computer, or in the cloud on GitHub?
- Should I be surprised that the demo doesn’t show up on my GitHub.com site after committing?
Answer to my own question (5) : commit only refers to the files on my own computer. It’s only when I push to the repo that the site arrives at Github.
Screenshop for Exercise 1
Screenshot for exercise 1