To Get Started
- Register for an account on github.com. You’ll use GitHub for hands-on activities.
- Download, install and configure git. (For Windows folks, Git for Windows is what’s needed). In your terminal, configure Git to recognize you:
git config --global user.name "First Last"
git config --global user.email "email@example.com"
- We’re using these forums as our learning management system (LMS). You’ll accept and post assignments in the Campus Advisors section here.
Are you a Windows user?
Great! We’re happy you’re here. However, a little more white glove service is required to get you sorted.
- Please use Git For Windows from https://git-scm.com/download/win
- You will have a new application called
- This training uses commands from Git Bash–you will want to use it.