I want to be able to add a file, or really a folder with more than one file to a repository that students have already forked and worked on. Is this possible?
Here is a more detailed description of what I am doing:
- I have starter code for student in a repository, lets call that “lab”
- every student forks that code so they wind up with jane/lab
- The repo holds folders like week1, week2, week3
- two weeks go by and I want to make changes to week3 before they start on it, or maybe I want to add a week4
- The students have already been working on the lab and pushing changes so that I can review their code.
- How can I push out additional files, or changes, without pulling their code changes?