I’m testing the platform for now. I was very enthusiastic about it until today when I noticed some highly erratic behavior.
It goes something like this:
- I create an assignment
- I get the link
- I log out of my main account and into a dummy account
- I try to accept the assignment and sometimes it works and sometimes it just doesn’t.
I get one of the two error messages:
- You are forbidden from performing this action on github.com
- We were not able to import you the starter code to your assignment, please try again.
Problem is, I can’t seem to reliably reproduce the bug. I can’t figure out what causes it because sometimes I’ll simply press the accept button again and it will just work. It seems to not work more often than it does. And yet, I can’t seem to find any sort of correlation between the things I’ve tried (re-making the assignments, etc) and the error messages.
Here are links to the two assignments: